Energy renovation can be very expensive. Incentives and Funding to renovate underperforming buildings are crucial for achieving a decarbonized building stock in all EU countries. These incentives can take the form of obligations, such as phasing out fossil-fueled boilers, or financial support in the form of funding programs, tax reductions, subsidies for individual renovation roadmaps, or mandatory and subsidized energy efficiency advice. These funding schemes can influence investment decisions and motivate people to invest in the energy efficiency of their buildings.
The revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive emphasizes the importance of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) as tools not only to express the measured energy efficiency grade of a building but also as a marketing tool for citizens to demonstrate the value of their properties.
In this webinar, we will be exploring funding schemes in Europe for energy-efficient building renovations and how these schemes incorporate Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).
- Rui Fragoso, Head of Buildings and Efficiency of Resources at ADENE, Portugal's National Energy Agency,
- Representative of the Danish Energy Agency (invited)
- Jana Lange, Franco-German Office for Energy Transition
- Nicole Hartl, Austrian Energy Agency (AEA)
Webinar Format: Online roundtable with breakout sessions
Timeframe: 90 Minutes
- Presentation of the funding opportunities available for energy-efficient building renovations across Europe as well as how Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are incorporated into national funding schemes
- Roundtable Discussion with Energy Agencies and Expert Organisations
- Open Questions
Topics we explore:
- National landscape of renovation funding schemes in various member states.
- Conditions to receive financial support to upgrade a building to higher EPC.
- The role of energy advisors in the process to receive the said financial support.
- Energy Performance Certificates in the financial support process.
- Easy-access for financial support scemes
- Financial support schemes that include access to EPCs as conditions to receive financial support
- The role of own contribution (DIY renovation measures) in the funding scheme.